List of possibilities for self-directed learning and enrichment
We have curated this selection to get you started in finding your own sources of learning possibilties. This is an excellent place for inspiration on what to include in your Professional Enrichment Plan.
Also visit the Folkscape Resources Library for a different selection.
Collections of possibilities from others
- MindTools – collection of theory and activities to develop essential skills for successful work
- Model Thinkers – collection of mental models and playbooks to work smarter, faster
- The Book of Life – articles from The School of Life on a wide range of human topics
- TED Talk Playlists, collections of videos for curious minds
- TED Talks Intellectual Snack Playlist – a selection of fascinating TED Talks for when you need to feed your intellectual curiosity (in 10 minutes or less)
- TED Idea’s Business 101: A reading list for lifelong learners – to level up your working knowledge of business
- My Top 10 Learning Tools (2020) – thoughts from Helen Blunden, Activate Learning on tools to learn from and to share what you are learning.
- 99u Creative Career Resource – articles with creative career insights produced by Adobe
- Discover 2 Learn – an eclectic collection of over 250 things you can do (mostly) for free and online to help you expand your horizons, curated by Jane Hart and Helen Blunden
Subscriptions and Podcasts
- Steph’s Business Bookshelf – Steph Clark is an avid reader and shares her insights from what she’s read in a podcast series
- James Clear’s 3-2-1 weekly newsletter – 3 ideas, 2 quotes and 1 question
- Worklife with Adam Grant – Organizational psychologist Adam Grant takes you inside some truly unusual places, where they’ve figured out how to make work not suck in this podcast series
- The Tim Ferris Show – In this podcast show, Tim Ferris (self-experimenter) deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, chess, pro sports, etc.), digging deep to find the tools, tactics, and tricks that listeners can use
Skills for 21st century
- The Future of Jobs Report (2023), World Economic Forum – a perspective of the factors disrupting the job market, and transforming how and where people will work.
- Future of Work Realising 2030 Institute for the Future Report (2022)
- Visual Thinking, a collection of TED Talk videos curated by Think in Colour
Doing things differently
- Bill Bailey — seriously funny amateur naturalist, on ABC Conversations podcast episode about his exploratory habits
- Learning Lab – Learn anything in one month alongside your day job
Got a suggestion to add to this list of possibilities? We want the diversity that comes from multiple perspectives – so don’t hestitate to share with us. Contact us with your suggestion.